When Can I Purchase Tickets?
You can book tickets from 3 months prior to 9PM the night before.
How Do I Cancel a Ticket?
Go to the “My Reservations” page, select the “Cancel” checkbox for the ticket you’d like to cancel, and click on the “Cancel Reservations” button.
How Do I Pay For My Tickets?
For students, tickets will be charged to your student term bill.
For faculty and staff, you will receive an invoice immediately after riding. You must pay by cash or check to the Bursar’s Office on the 1st floor of Hopkins within TEN DAYS. Payment can also be mailed to Jill Mendel, P.O. Box 67, Williamstown, MA 01267.
What If I Miss The Ticket Reservation Deadline?
You can purchase tickets until 9PM the night before departure. We suggest walking on, but there may not be open seats.
Can I Get A Refund?
You may cancel your tickets until 9PM the night before departure. We do not offer refunds after this point because final passenger counts must be delivered to the motor coach companies and our student conductors.
What Is A Student Conductor?
As a Student Conductor, you are responsible for making sure that all passengers have reserved tickets before they board. Your ticket will be free. Look below for specific duties:
- At 9PM the night before your departure, you will be emailed a roster of the names and phone number of your passengers.
- Arrive 25 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- Check-in with the driver upon arrival.
- When students start to board, cross-reference their names and the roster. If any students wish to board who are not on the list, take down their Name, 7-digit Williams ID, Unix ID, and Phone Numbers. In order to receive your refund, you’ll be asked to submit these electronically after the trip in a “Conductor Trip Report.” If you do not submit the report, you will not receive your free ticket.
- Call students who do not show up to help them locate the bus or to inform them that the bus is departing without them.
- Your name and phone number will be sent out to your passenger so that they can contact you in case of delays. You should, however, still contact those who are not there ahead of time.
- You will make sure that the bus departs ON TIME, even if not everyone on the list has shown up.
- If we receive a complaint about your bus not leaving on time, we will rescind the refund of your ticket.
- Call us at (413) 884-5436 if the motorcoach is more than 15 minutes late, if your flight is delayed and you can no longer serve as student conductor, or if there is any significant, abnormal problem.
- Please note: If you decide that you can not serve as student conductor after being selected, you will not be selected again for a period of time.
Where Do The Motor Coaches Depart From On Campus?
Departures are on Stetson Road, by the Dennett end of Mission Park.
Where Exactly Do The Motor Coaches Travel?
- Albany Airport Departures will pick up and drop off students in front of the airport’s Main Terminal.
- New York City Departures will drop off and pick up students on 8th Avenue, between West 30th and 31st Street. Please note, however, that the drivers do not have a designated parking spot, so keep an eye out in the general vicinity.
- Boston-North Station Departures will first drop off students at the curb along Nashua Street at approximately 99 Nashua Street on the East side of the road, which is directly outside of North Station. Students returning to campus from North Station will be picked up at this same location.
- Boston-Logan Airport Departures will drop students off in front of the airline of their choice. All students returning to Williams from Logan Airport will be picked up at Terminal B, at the American Airlines arrivals area (downstairs near baggage claim).
How Long Do The Motor Coaches Take?
Our motor coach companies estimate the following travel times to/from Williams College:
- Albany Airport: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- New York City: 4 hours and 30 minutes
- Boston’s North Station: 3 hours and 15 minutes
- Boston’s Logan Airport: 3 hours and 30 minutes
Please Note: These are only estimates and may vary due to traffic and weather conditions.
Do The Motor Coaches Depart On Time?
Motor Coaches departing Williamstown are strictly instructed to depart precisely on time. Students have planes to catch and they must get to their destination on time. We strongly urge arriving at the departure location 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure from Williamstown. Please do not email or call us asking whether or not the motor coach can wait for you.
Note: Motor Coaches returning to Williamstown are not under such stringent time pressure. If a large number of passengers are not on a motor coach at its scheduled departure time (drivers have exact passenger counts), the motor coach may wait a few minutes, at the driver’s sole discretion. The last motor coach of the day usually waits longer than earlier ones.
I Missed My Motor Coach Departure. What should I do?
If you are returning to campus from Albany, please take the next motor coach to campus. The Motor Coach Service is not responsible if you miss your bus and will not reimburse the cost of privately arranged transportation. If you are stuck at the Albany Airport and need to get back campus, call Veteran’s Taxi at (413) 663-8300. If you need to speak to someone at Williams College during a vacation period, please call Williams College Security at (413) 597-4444.
If you have missed a bus from either Boston or NYC, we recommend taking the next available Peter Pan Bus, which has direct routes to Williamstown.
Please note that if you choose to board a later bus that has available seats, you will be charged again for your actual ride as well as for your ticket on the missed bus. This policy will only be changed at our discretion, in the case of severe weather incidents, etc.
What’s The Weather Cancellation Policy?
Cancellations due to weather will be at the sole discretion of the motor coach company, whose decision is final. This decision will be made and announced only for safety reasons. Please do not call to see if a coach will be delayed; this decision will be made at the last possible moment. If departures are delayed, they will resume as soon as meteorologically possible. If you are unable to use your ticket because your motor coach is cancelled or delayed due to weather, you will receive a refund of the motor coach ticket price.