NOTE: Refunds cannot be given on uncanceled tickets. You can cancel/change reservations any time until 9 PM the day before your bus leaves. After that time, all sales are final.
When Can I Purchase Tickets?
Motorcoach reservations will open approximately 3 months before the motorcoach runs and will remain open until 9pm the night before the shuttle runs. Tickets may be purchased here: Link to Book Tickets
How Do I Cancel a Ticket?
Go to the “My Reservations” page, select the “Cancel” checkbox for the ticket you’d like to cancel, and click on the “Cancel Reservations” button.
How Much Do Tickets Cost?
Tickets purchased more than 3 weeks will be purchased at a 15.6% discount.
Rides to and from Albany International Airport cost $23.00 each way.
Rides to and from Boston cost $38.00 each way.
Rides to and from NYC cost $42.00 each way.
How Do I Pay For My Tickets?
For students, tickets will be charged to your student term bill.
For faculty and staff, you will receive an invoice immediately after riding. You must pay by cash or check to the Bursar’s Office on the 1st floor of Hopkins within TEN DAYS. Payment can also be mailed to Jill Mendel, P.O. Box 67, Williamstown, MA 01267.
What If I Miss The Ticket Reservation Deadline?
With our online reservation system you can purchase tickets until 9:00 PM the day before the motor coach’s departure. Tickets cannot be purchased after this time. You can go on the bus as a walk-on with no additional charge but there is no gurantee spots will be available.
Can I Get A Refund?
You may cancel your tickets until 9 PM the day before your departure. We cannot offer refunds after this point because final passenger counts must be delivered to the motor coach companies and our student conductors.
How Do E-Tickets Work?
E-tickets replace conventional tickets by giving you a confirmation number, which you will receive by e-mail after making your reservation on our online website. A designated Student Conductor will check your confirmation number as you board the board.
What Is A Student Conductor?
As a Student Conductor, you are personally responsible for making sure that all passengers have reserved tickets before they board. In exchange for fulfilling your responsibilities, your ticket will be free. In order to serve as student conductor, you must attend a student conductor training session, offered several times throughout the year.
- You will receive a list by e-mail of the names and confirmation numbers of all the passengers on your bus by 9pm the night before
- Student Conductors must arrive 25 minutes before the scheduled departure of their motor coach
- Check-in with the Driver upon arrival
- When students start to board, take their names and confirmation numbers down. If any students wish to board who are not on the list, take down their Name, 7-digit Williams ID, Unix ID, and Phone Numbers. In order to receive your refund, you’ll be asked to submit these electronically after the trip in a “Conductor Trip Report.” If you do not follow this procedure, there will be punitive repercussions.
- Should a phone number be provided, you will call students who do not show up to help them locate the bus or to inform them that the bus is departing without them.
- Your phone number will be sent out to the riders on your bus so that they can contact you in case of delays. You should, however, still contact those who are not there ahead of time.
- You will make sure that the bus departs ON TIME, even if not everyone on the list has shown up.
- If we receive a complaint about your bus not leaving on time, we will rescind the refund of your ticket.
- You will call us at (413) 884-5436 if the motorcoach is more than 15 minutes late, if your flight is delayed and you can no longer serve as student conductor, or if there is any significant, abnormal problem.
- Please note: If you decide that you can not serve as student conductor after being selected, you will not be selected again for a period of time.
Where Do The Motor Coaches Depart From On Campus?
Departures are on Stetson Road, close to the Dennett end of Mission Park.
Where Exactly Do The Motor Coaches Travel?
- Albany Airport Departures will pick up and drop off students in front of the airport’s Main Terminal.
- New York City Departures will drop off and pick up students on 8th Avenue, between West 30th and 31st Street. Please note, however, that the drivers do not have a designated parking spot, so keep an eye out in the general vicinity.
- Boston-North Station Departures will first drop off students at the corner of Causeway Street and Canal Street, which is directly outside of North Station. Students returning to campus from North Station will be picked up at this same location.
- Boston-Logan Airport Departures will drop students off in front of the airline of their choice. All students returning to Williams from Logan Airport will be picked up at Terminal B, at the American Airlines arrivals area (downstairs near baggage claim).
How Long Do The Motor Coaches Take?
Our motor coach companies estimate the following travel times to/from Williams College:
- Albany Airport: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- New York City: 4 hours and 30 minutes
- Boston’s North Station: 3 hours and 15 minutes
- Boston’s Logan Airport: 3 hours and 30
Please Note: These are only estimates and may vary due to traffic and weather conditions.
How Early Do I Need To Be At My Airport?
We strongly suggest arriving at your airport at least two hours prior to your scheduled departure, which means departing campus at least three hours and 15 minutes before your scheduled departure from Albany. The Williams Transport is not responsible for any costs due to missed flights or other connecting transportation. This includes, but is not limited to, cab fare, hotel rooms, meals, plane tickets, and incidental or consequential damages arising from the use of this service.
Do The Motor Coaches Depart On Time?
Motor Coaches departing Williamstown are strictly instructed to depart precisely on time. Students have planes to catch and they must get to their destination on time. We strongly urge arriving at the departure location 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure from Williamstown. Please do not email or call us asking whether or not the motor coach can wait for you.
Note: Motor Coaches returning to Williamstown are not under such stringent time pressure. If a large number of passengers are not on a motor coach at its scheduled departure time (drivers have exact passenger counts), the motor coach may wait a few minutes, at the driver’s sole discretion. The last motor coach of the day usually waits longer than earlier ones.
I Missed My Motor Coach Departure. What should I do?
If you are returning to campus from Albany, please take the next motor coach to campus. The Motor Coach Service is not responsible if you miss your bus and will not reimburse the cost of privately arranged transportation. If you are stuck at the Albany Airport and need to get back campus, call Veteran’s Taxi at (413) 663-8300. If you need to speak to someone at Williams College during a vacation period, please call Williams College Security at (413) 597-4444.
If you have missed a bus from either Boston or NYC, we recommend taking the next available Peter Pan Bus, which has direct routes to Williamstown.
Please note that if you choose to board a later bus that has available seats, you will be charged again for your actual ride as well as for your ticket on the missed bus. This policy will only be changed at our discretion, in the case of severe weather incidents, etc.
What’s The Weather Cancellation Policy?
Cancellations due to weather will be at the sole discretion of the motor coach company, whose decision is final. This decision will be made and announced only at. Please do not call to see if a coach will be delayed; this decision will be made at the last possible moment. If departures are delayed, they will resume as soon as meteorologically possible. If you are unable to use your ticket because your motor coach is cancelled or delayed due to weather, you will receive a refund of the motor coach ticket price.
Who Should I Contact With Additional Questions?
If your question is not answered here, please contact David Han by e-mailing email@example.com or calling at (413) 884-5436.